- Construction Date: 1/16/2004
- Values: $ 270,752.00
- Category: Material Supply Case Studies
- Contract : W911RP-16-D-0001
- Customer : Department of the Army
The Contracting Division, Pine Bluff Arsenal had a requirement for services to furnish and deliver various roadway maintenance materials to the Pine Bluff Arsenal, Pine Bluff, AR 71602.
More Project Details
Contract contained 2 ordering periods (years). Material to be delivered will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Crushed Aggregate Class 7, Aggregate Base Class 5, Stone Backfill (B-Stone)
- Selected Material (SM2), Selected Material (BAB), Rip Rap, Concrete Class S, and Ice Melt (50 lbs. Bags)
- The main challenge was to keep the prices fixed for the period of the contract (two years). All delivery orders were issued unilaterally by the Government with firm delivery dates on an FOB Destination basis. Any resulting delivery order used the unit price proposed for the applicable ordering period and quantity range.
- A written schedule of tasks or activities presented in the format of a progress chart designed to satisfy a defined requirement with a specified time frame and at a predetermined frequency.
- All Contractor employees shall obtain the required employee and vehicle passes. The Contractor shall, prior to the start of the contract, submit to the KO an estimate of the number of personnel expected to be used at any one time on the contract.
Green Dream team scheduled two full staff meetings to discuss the project and find the best angle of approach. Three options were discussed in depth. Some of these measures included:
- GDI assigned a project manager plus a team of highly experienced staff to monitor problems and seek resolution on a daily basis.
- GDI team planned a Critical Path Method (CPM) for the project and were persistent to go by the schedule to deliver the quantity specified in the plan, on time.
- GDI kept constant daily communication with the Transportation Officer.