- Construction Date: 7/25/2016
- Location: Department of the Army
- Values: $ 699,815.00
- Category: Material Supply Case Studies
- Contract : W912QG-16-C-0004
The South Carolina Air National Guard’s requirement was to procure 12,000 tons of Crush and Run gravel, 13,860 tons of Rip Rap Class B, 09 ea 48″W x 20’L corrugated pipe, and 08 ea 36″W x 20’L corrugated pipe.
More Project Details
- Due to the large amount of materials needed, had to secure a capable quarry and trucking company to deliver them within the timeline of the contract.
- Submittals had to be submitted in ample time to secure approval prior to the time, the items covered were to be delivered to the site.
- SC Air National Guard had mobilized equipment and personnel for this project. They needed the materials urgently to move forward with the construction before adverse weather conditions.
Green Dream was determined and committed from the first day to complete the project satisfactorily. So it took every measure to achieve that goal. Some of these measures included:
- GDI assigned a supervisor and our transportation officer to find the best fit local quarry capable of complying with the specifications and requirements of the contract.
- GDI team found and signed a subcontract with a local trucking company capable of mobilizing trucks for delivery of over a 1000 tons per day.
- GDI kept a round a clock and close contact with Major Gareth Fleischer throughout the life of the project on issues ranging from submittals, passes, badges and other implementation issues on a daily basis.
GDI team found and signed a subcontract with a local trucking company capable of mobilizing trucks for delivery of over a 1000 tons per day. A PO was issued to start the job immediately.
- Quality Products
Our team took samples of the materials to a local test lab to make sure it complied with the required specification and gradation before starting to deliver the materials.
GDI assigned a supervisor and our transportation officer to find the best fit local quarry capable of complying with the specifications and requirements of the contract.